GI OnDEMAND and GI Psychology Partnership Makes Behavioral Health Services Available Nationwide
GI OnDemand is pleased to announce a partnership with GI Psychology. This partnership will bring access to brain-gut behavioral therapies with expertly trained behavioral health clinicians for practices around the country.
Check out these short videos with answers to your most common questions.
- What are some of your available services for people with GI conditions?
- What does treatment typically entail for a patient with a GI condition?
- How does a patient benefit from working with a GI mental health provider?
- What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)?
- What is Clinical Hypnosis?
- As a provider, how can I explain this treatment to my patients?
- If a patient says they already have a therapist, is it worth a referral to a GI psychologist?
- Who is the ideal patient for working with a GI psychologist?
- Who is the ideal patient for working with a GI psychologist at an academic institution?
- What are some of the available services at GI Psychology?
- Are GI mental health services covered by insurance?
- Can you explain what a warm hand off is?
Learn more about GI Psychology and their valuable offerings for ACG members and their patients:
The mission of GI Psychology is to increase access to Gut-Brain therapies for patients with DGBIs.
- WHO WE ARE: Expertly trained behavioral health clinicians focused on supporting gastroenterology practices.
- WHAT WE DO: We treat DGBIs (functional GI disorders) as well as support patients with IBD, pain, and mental health conditions.
- WHERE WE DO IT: Sessions are via telehealth and patients can be seen in over 40 states.
- HOW WE DO IT: We are in line with ACG guidelines and utilize empirically validated Gut-Brain treatments such as CBT and Clinical Hypnosis.
- COST: $230 per session and the average treatment length is 10 sessions. Groups are $100 for each 75-minute session.
- We are out of network and insurance coverage, on average, reimburses half the cost.
- Patients can apply for a Gap Exception/Single Case Agreement through their insurance company, which provides in-network coverage reimbursement.
GI Psychology Patient Testimonials
- "(My therapist) was excellent in helping me improve my IBS through hypnotherapy and educating me on techniques to continue improving my overall health through the power of my mind. It really works!”
- · “I am doing my homework every week, and gaining confidence that with her help, there is a path out of my gastro issues.”
- "We were at the point of removing his colon until our 2nd opinion from Hopkins suggested we explore the brain/gut connection. His therapy has been an absolute game changer."
- “I like how she works in partnership with me to figure out what I need vs. a cookie cutter approach. I feel seen and understood. "